Monday, May 7, 2007

Has technology improved our lives?

I love gadgets! Sometimes though I have to wonder if they
are really improving my life. For example cell phones. I was so excited when I got my first cell, I would be able to be in contact with my friends and family at all times. I need to stress that I had no idea that at all times truly meant at all times. At first it was a lot of fun. I could talk to people while driving, I could stay in touch when I was out of town, etc. As time went on my cell number ended up in the hands of my employer and they used it, a lot. I went on to be a contractor and used my cell as my main contact number for my clients and they used a lot more.

At some point I went from feeling warm and happy when my cell rang to wanting to cringe.

Life Better?

No comments: