Friday, June 15, 2007

Test Road

I have spent a lot of my career around database applications and have create a lot of fake data for testing. If I have to test out a web sign up form then I will add some fake names and addresses and the like. Since Im not the most inspired person sometimes that may look something like:

Test Dude
132 Test Road
Test City, CA 90210

So here is the the twist, everyday I drive 30 miles to work and at about the midway point I pass Test Road. I swear the name of the road is Test Road.

So now Im wondering, "am I just a part of some large test database just awaiting the say I get put into production." What is the production database like? It would have to cleaner right? Stricter rules for entry, no orphans, stable environment, and I could go on and on.

Im just a test row dreaming of the day I get inserted into the production path....

No comments: